Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You say tomato, I say...

This whole samonella scare on the tomatoes is really hurting my summer meals - I have been LIVING on fresh tomato slices, mozzarella and basil. Literally, it's all I want to eat right now. Especially with this extreme heat we're having. Drizzle a little olive oil and salt...the perfect meal. So they need to fix this whole outbreak thing ASAP so I can start stocking up on tomatoes. Luckily we bought about 15 tomatoes on our way back from the river house at a farm stand. But since we're eating them for lunch and dinner...they are going fast!

2 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

you've been tagged!

LucyinStLou said...

I've just come across your blog and thought I'd say hi. I couldn't agree more about the tomato situation. I look forward to tomatoes that taste like tomotoes all year. Having to choose between health and really good produce hardly seems fair.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs