Friday, November 21, 2008

This is hard!

Finding a venue is proving to be really difficult. Yes, I know we have only been engaged for 1 WEEK, but I'm anal retentive and I won't be able to relax till I find the right place. The thing is, I can cross a place off my list without even visiting it. I've emailed about 382646287 places and after I receive their packages and information, I can give it a quick "yay" or "nay".
I'm also super picky about customer service and timely responses, because I know I bust my butt to give my brides great customer service, so I expect the same in return. If I email you, and 4 days later, you finally email me back and you are not very helpful...I will not be getting married at your venue. Sorry.

We have crossed the OBX wedding off of our list, because I just feel really bad asking ALL of our friends and family to spend so much traveling and staying for the weekend in this economy. As much as I think it would be amazing and so fun, it's not the right time for us to do that. We are now leaning towards a wedding where we live, as all of our friends are here and our family is all close (within 45 minutes). It just makes the most sense to keep it local and have our family travel a short distance to get here. Plus, we do love our town!!

We're visiting 3 places this weekend and I'm really hoping we just walk into one and I instantly know it's the right place. The one we are seeing Saturday afternoon has the most potential, as it's super local, we can bring in our own caterer and alcohol and we can do whatever we want as far as decorating, etc. That's important to me, since I have so many great contacts and vendors that I can use. So keep your fingers crossed that we fall in love and book it!

Just a tiny bit of inspiration that I found this morning for my bouquet:
(from The Knot)
Love the texture and the orchids and hydrangeas! I love white bouquets...so clean and simple!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty! i'n not normally an orchid fan but i am loving this!!!
TGIF!

Lisa said...

Being able to control your own vendors will be GREAT for your costs!!! Good luck!

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

I'm so late to the party - Congrats! Geez, work gets in the way of all my fun!

Oh, what a great story... I can picture you walking around Annapolis!

I loved my florist and photographer if you need referrals from people who absolutely positively loved their vendors! We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Kent Manor in Stevensville!

tickledpink said...

I love the bouquet! I also like an all white bouquet!

Sandra said...

Lovely bouquet!! Hope you find a place really soon!!

Posh Peach said...

Hi! Sounds like the planning is going wonderfully. I left you an award on my blog. Love ya!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs