Monday, March 2, 2009

Bridal Shower Recap

The bridal shower we hosted for my BFF K yesterday was a huge success! We decorated and set up all weekend and I spent most of Friday evening baking. It all paid off because everyone (especially K) was really impressed and seemed to have so much fun. There was about 50 people there, but we didn't run out of food (which was my biggest fear). K got SO many presents, everyone was so generous. My towel cake was definitely a hit! 

Ok, onto the pictures. I didn't get to take too many during the shower because I was so busy running around, but I did get a few of the decor we took before everyone got there. Because the shower had so many people, we rented the clubhouse in K's neighborhood so we would have enough space. 

Looking into the clubhouse from the front door. All pink and brown!

Jake was great and came to help us hang all the paper lanterns since we couldn't reach. I think they came out so cute and added so much to the room!

The super cute brown polka dotted table cloths we found that we based the whole shower around! 
The Bar - yum mimosas!
K's chair for present opening 
Part of the dessert table - you can see the chocolate covered strawberry tree I made. It came out pretty cute and was really easy to make!
Me, K and L - the bridesmaids and the bride!
K with her bow bouquet at the end of the present opening. 

I'm not going to lie though, I'm pretty happy the shower and all the planning is over! We have quite a bit of snow here in MD, so I'm happily recovering on the couch in my PJ's and watching the snow fall today! Happy Snow Day! 

5 comments:

Sandra said...

You did a wonderful job! Please tell me where you found the pink paper lanterns?? Thanks!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

The shower is adorable! I'm so glad it went well! Enjoy the snow...this town has all but shut down! Be safe and warm!!

Posh Peach said...

The shower looks fabulous!! Love the pink and brown decor. The strawberry tree looks so very yummy! I bet your friend loved it all!!

CAC muffin said...

so cutie! I love love love the pink and brown! K is lucky to have you as a friend!

QueenBeeSwain said...

oh you had so much fun! looks just darling :)

kHm

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs