Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2 Things...

1. I took the new job!!! I was able to negotiate a little bit on the salary to get it a bit higher, and I decided my quality of life is worth more than money anyways. I'm really excited to start something new and exciting - AND get my weekends and nights back! I start June 14th and I will even have a full week off in between jobs to relax and catch up on life...I'm so excited I was able to work in a weeks long vacation before I start! And we'll be going down to Florida for my BFF C's wedding during part of that week, so I'm even more excited!

2. I decided not to sell my wedding dress. It just didn't feel right - I love that dress way too much to get rid of it. I did offer to let her borrow the dress, and she came over to try it on and it was actually a little bit too tight and too short anyways, so that made me feel ever better! ha! And seeing someone else wearing my wedding dress confirmed even more that I will never sell it. It was so weird to see her in it! so it's still hanging in the back of my closet and hopefully one day it will be able to be used somehow for our future children. 

Thanks for all the advice/help on my latest two dilemmas. I really appreciate it!  

11 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Congratulations on the new job! So excited for you!
Sidenote: the shower pics that kate posted were too cute! You guys did a great job!!

P*P*P said...

Congrats on the new job! I didn't have a chance to comment on your last post, but how nice will it be that you now have nights and weekends! You'll be so happy I am sure! Also, good choice with not selling your dress -- I haven't even had my wedding yet and I know I'll never be able to sell it! :)

Amanda Leigh said...

Thats so exciting!
I know that you will enjoy being able to "breathe" again!
Good luck! Keep us posted once you start!

Chelsea said...

yay! to both of these! I can't wait to hear all about your new job!

mFw said...

Congrats on the job, it sounds like it truly is for best! Glad you get a week off in between too! That's great that the dress didn't really fit so now you can keep your gorgeous gown!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

Congratulations on the job! I can't wait to hear about it when you start! Also, yay for a whole week off!!

LuvRedandWhite said...

Congratulations on the new job :) SO happy for you!

MCW said...

That is great about the new job! I read this and wanted to comment, but I was away and it was annoying to do on my Blackberry. You so made the right choice. Being with hubby and working on your life together is worth it!

Belle said...

Yay on the new job! Congrats! Now you and the hubby can spend lots and lots of quality time together!

Always Organizing said...

Congrats on the new job!!!!

Freck said...

Awww, I love both of these decisions. A higher salary job (you go girl!) and not selling your wedding dress. Nice work little lady :)

Pssst, congrats on the new job!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs