Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm an Aunt!

My "nephew" Will was born Wednesday morning (12:47am) and I'm totally in love with him! My BFF K and her husband B are already amazing parents. It was a long labor (15 hours!) followed by about 2.5 hours of pushing, before they realized this boy did not want to come on his own. So unfortunately, K had to have a c-section. However, the real reason for the c-section -- he's HUGE!!! 10.7 pounds! And 21.6" long! So he's basically 11 pounds and 22 inches- not sure if anyone would be able to give birth normally to a baby that big! We were all in shock when her husband came down to the hospital lobby to tell us. He's already wearing 3 month clothes!

K's brother in law is a fantastic photographer and was able to take tons of pictures right after he was born when we were all able to see him for the first time (at 3am!) Onto the pics...
Look at those lips!!
Loooong legs and loooong toes!
Wrapped in a towel after his first bath - I love this one cause I think he looks like a little eskimo!
K is recovering well and they get to come home from the hospital tomorrow. Of course, I've visited them every day since he was born because I'm a stalker. I just can't look at him enough - and he's already starting to change so much every day!
He's about 12 hours old here - love his squishy face! Can you tell he already loves his favorite aunt?
Funniest picture ever - J and I went over Thursday evening and J held him (and was super nervous about it) - Will woke up and gave J this look like "who are you??"

I'm not going to lie, he is definitely giving me baby fever! Ahhhh!

8 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Aww! I saw the BIG News! He is precious! I need to send something fun! You look great as an Aunt. The baby fever is going around!!

Always Organizing said...

What a cutie! Congrats to your BFF :)

Freck said...

Aww!!! Congratulations Auntie! He's beautiful!

P*P*P said...

How sweet!!! Congrats to your best friend -- he's beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby!

MCW said...

Congrats! I am glad she did not have to push a 10 lb baby out!!!

Josie said...

So cute- LUV to all:)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Adorable! Big congratulations on such sweet news!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs