Monday, March 28, 2011

What's for Dinner - Product Review

At my mom's recommendation, I tried something new for dinner tonight:

Philadelphia Cooking Creme - I'm sure most people have seen the ads for this by now. It was on sale last week 2 for $4, so I figured I'd give it a try. Last week was sort of crazy because I was super busy at work with a big event and I'm still recovering, so I was happy to cook with this tonight because it was so EASY! I used the Sante Fe flavor tonight and made the Chicken Enchiladas, which are featured on the back of the carton.

Even with having to brown the chicken, the entire recipe took less than 30 minutes total. I had everything on hand to make it (chicken, tortillas, shredded cheese, an onion and a can of diced tomatoes) so it was perfect! It was tasty - Jake ate THREE enchiladas, if that says anything about how it was. I won't say that I would use it every week, but it was great to make a quick, easy and good meal on a busy weeknight. I would definitely try the other flavors and recipes, especially if it's on sale or I have a coupon.

So if you are thinking about trying this, I say definitely do it. Especially for those nights when you need something fast and easy!

This post is simply my thoughts/recommendations on this product - I was not compensated in any way (not that I would object to receiving coupons for more of this!)

6 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I've seen this but haven't bit the bullet yet! Now that I know there's a recipe on them, maybe I will give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

Travis doesn't eat cheese, but I want to try this so bad! I'll have to find someone else to cook for.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

thanks for the suggestion! i actually just saw a commercial for this over the weekend and was curious! i'll have to try it!

Lindsey said...

I have not seen this! Thanks for sharing it! I will have to give it a try! Sounds good!!

KatiePerk said...

I love this stuff too! I also made the beef stroganoff with it and it was really good!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i had a coupn and tried it ... the herb flavor with pasta...yummy!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs